Nearby Attractions and Services:
- Kayaks and canoes (with life jackets) and bicycles can be rented for a nominal fee from The Activity Shop in Blue Hill 207-374-3600 and delivered (FREE) to our Herricks Landing beach at your cost for your specific use. Call in advance to reserve. Or, bring your own kayak/canoe, life jackets and safety gear.
- Laundry facilities (coin op) available 11 miles away in Blue Hill
- Eggemoggin Country store [ no web site ] is a short drive (or hike) away (groceries, morning coffee and baked goods, newspapers, gasoline, beverages, etc.)
- El El Frijoles is a Mexican style restaurant a short drive (or hike) away.
- Bucks Harbor Market is a 10 minute drive for groceries, deli, morning baked goods, coffee and a great local place to hang out.
- Blue Hill Co-op in Blue Hill and the Fish Net Take-out is right next door.
- Trade Winds Market,Marlintini's Restaurant, Deep Water Brewing Company, and a host of small restaurants and shops are in Blue Hill, Brooklin, Castine, and Stonington.
- You can buy live lobster off the boat at the Stonington Lobster Co-op in Stonington, Maine about a half-hour drive from here.
- Four Season Farm is a nationwide known organic farm whose owners were part of the original "back to the landers" movement in this area.
- Castine Kayak Adventures is a very cool place to hire a guided kayak tour of the nearby coastal area.
- Isle au Haut Boat Services/The Mailboat will take you and your bicyles to Isle au Haut. You can get off at the dock that serves the portion of the island that is owned by Acadia National Park or get off at the public dock in town (what town? it's a tiny berg). The Mailboat does not take cars but the island has paved and gravel roads. It's worth a day trip for the sightseeing adventure and the vintage cars you might see.
- The Bagaduce Music Lending Library in Blue Hill has a collection of over 250,000 printed music titles which is available for borrowing around the globe. Our piano is tuned and ready to be played at our weekly Open Mic sessions in our barn.
- Stonington Opera House Arts has something going nearly every night of the year from movies in the old movie theater to live performances of well-known talent from across the USA.
- WoodenBoat School holds sessions throughout the summer months. It is in nearby Broolkin, Maine. There is a wonderful book store that is great to browse through.
- Haystack Mountain School of Crafts has FREE, open to the public presentations by the artist instructors in the evenings during July and August.
- MERI (Maine Environmental Research Institute) has a variety of ocean based activities.
- Kneisel Hall Chamber Music School and Festival has a very vibrant schedule through the summer.