Reserving your bed(s) or room: You must be 18 to book a room/bed in [email protected] Our Oakland House Cottages are set up for families with children and babies. [email protected] is limited to guests 18 and up. Though we do allow last minute reservations we are often full during our peak season. If you wish a guaranteed spot in advance*, we require a deposit of the first night's stay and 50% of any additional nights to include 9% Maine State Lodging tax. The remaining balance is due one month before arrival. We would prefer a check; however we also accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. We require a credit card number to be kept on file for all reservations. Valid passport/ID required.
*We only take advanced reservations for a maximum of 3 nights.
Cancellation: We have a seven day cancellation policy (*Except with reservations made directly through our office for longer than 3 nights, when our cancellation period becomes 14 days prior to arrival date). In case of a late cancellation or NO SHOW, you will be charged the first night of the stay. Deposits are fully refundable only if the reservation is changed or cancelled more than seven days prior to arrival date. Deposits for reservations cancelled or changed less than seven days prior to arrival date may be refundable, less a $50 cancellation fee, only if we are able to rebook the room or bed. Other than this the Policies of Oakland House Cottages by the Side of the Sea apply.
Check-in/Check-out times: You can check-in any time after 4:00 PM, however, if you arrive prior to 4:00 PM we can provide a map to the property which you can enjoy until your room is ready. Out of respect for the other guests, please plan to arrive prior to 10:00 PM on your first night. Quiet hours are 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
Check out: before 11:00 AM
Quiet Hours (10:00 PM to 7:00 AM) and the peaceful surrounds: We are a respectful, mature-minded and creative group of people with other guests and their families plus staff living on site nearby. No loud speakers or boom boxes to intrude on Mother Nature's great plan.
Alcoholic Consumption: If you are under the age of 21 you cannot drink alchohol on our premises. If you are over 21, you can't provide alcohol to those under the legal drinking age in Maine (21).
Quiet Hours: 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM thank-you.
Arrivals after 10:00 PM by prior arrangement only.
- Free parking is available on site.
- This is a non-smoking property.
- Smoking is allowed in the designated outdoor smoking area only (not on the porch of Acorn Cottage in deference to others staying in the building).
- Free "Country" wireless internet capability is available.
- Bicycle parking
- Board games
- Old-fashioned phone booth with FREE local calls (note: cell reception is better if you sit on some rocks on the property than others; ie, it can be spotty here.)
- Self-serve housekeeping
- Clean bed linens and towels Included
- Storage cubbies
- No pets allowed, thank-you.
- Full Kitchen with self-serve tea/coffee making facilities
- Groups welcome. We happily rent the entire [email protected] to groups. When we do, we ask for a security deposit of $200 which will be returned after check-out if the building is left as found. This is similar to our cottage rental policy.